Supportive Counsel You Can Rely On

Court Order Modifications

Call Our Orlando Family Law Attorneys Today – (800) 822-5170

A family law court order will try to reasonably account for what the future may likely bring. Yet no one can predict the future perfectly, and so family law agreements and divorce decrees can and do often become an undue burden on one or both spouses. When this happens, it might be possible to request a modification to set things right again.

Do you need to modify any of the following family law court orders?

The Virga Law Firm, P.A. and our modification lawyers in Orlando can help you navigate the legal processes surrounding modification petitions. Using our 80+ years of combined legal experience, we can assist you with either asking for a modification or challenging a modification prompt brought forth to the court by your ex-spouse. To learn more about what we can do for you, request your consultation by calling our 24/7 hotline at (800) 822-5170.

How to Request a Modification

A modification to a divorce order is meant to allow one or both parties to live comfortably again after a significant or unplanned life change conflicts with the decree. The key point is the significance of the life change. That is to say, you should not expect a modification to approved if you file it on a whim or simply because you do not like what the family law order decided. Our Orlando family lawyers can review your divorce orders and current situation to see if your modification has validity before the eyes of the family law judge.

Significant life changes often include:

  • Unexpected job loss
  • Serious injury or chronic illness
  • Mandatory relocation to keep gainful employment
  • Incarceration
  • Remarriage

Compassionate Legal Representation for Your Case

Needing a modification to your divorce order can be a frustrating or intimidating situation if you are not well-versed in family law in Florida. Our Orlando divorce attorneys are here to give you confidence in your legal proceedings and future. Let us know what is going on and we can let you know how we can help. Just call (800) 822-5170 to begin.