Call Us 24/7

(850) 257-7086
Orlando: (407) 512-0887

Get Around the Clock Legal Support

Although you may be going through a tough time, you are not alone. Our team is here to provide the personalized and timely legal solutions you are seeking.

Why Hire Our Firm

Resolving Contempt Issues & Court Order Disputes

When an ex-spouse or parent fails to follow the order given by the court, it can be a very frustrating process. How do you hold them accountable? Do you have methods for making them follow it? Will they face penalties for ignoring a court order? All these questions can be difficult to answer without the assistance of a seasoned family lawyer in Panama City.

Our former can help you enforce an order against a former spouse or partner who has failed to:

  • Make alimony payments in full or on time
  • Stick to the visitation schedule agreed upon
  • Provide full amount of child support each month
  • Return your children on time under a custody ruling

In many cases, it may require court intervention to get the other party to respond appropriately. This is where enforcement comes in. If the judge finds that the individual blatantly violated the order without any justified cause, or is in contempt of a decree, they can use various means to punish them or ensure they pay back what they owe in full. For example, some judges may use wage garnishments if a parent fails to pay child support or fine them for violating a child custody agreement.

Believe your spouse is acting in contempt of court? Need to take legal action against them or protect your rights in an enforcement case? Schedule a free initial consultation with The Virga Law Firm, P.A.