When you work with The Virga Law Firm, P.A., you will receive the compassionate legal support and well-versed counsel you need to effectively get through your divorce.
An aerial drone view of The Virga Law Firm zooms into candid footage of the attorneys and staff outside and inside the law firm.
At our Orlando family law firm, we understand that during this overwhelming time, you likely have questions and concerns. Our Orlando divorce attorneys will provide the sound legal counsel you are seeking, as well as the information you need to understand your options and make well-informed decisions.
Are you faced with a divorce, child custody, or other family law matter in Orlando? If so, then you are facing what could be one of the most challenging and stressful times in your life. This is why we are here—to guide you toward resolutions that are in your best interests and the best interests of your children.
When you work with The Virga Law Firm, our family lawyers will ensure that you remain well-informed about your rights and legal options so that you can move forward with confidence.
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., we have the tools to help clients tackle a wide variety of legal disputes. Our practice areas include:
- Divorce– Whether you're a high net worth individual concerned about your assets or a military veteran, our firm can help you approach the divorce process with confidence. No matter how contentious your divorce is, our team is here to provide you with support and care while you tackle your divorce. Whether you want to settle your case out of court or aggressively pursue your interests in the courtroom, our team is here to help.
- Mediation– Not everyone wants to leave the outcome of their divorce case to the court. If you're interested in reaching an agreement with your spouse, we're here to supply you with the mediation services you need.
- Child Custody – Child custody battles are often the most stressful part of the divorce process. We'll be a relentless advocate for your parental rights, helping you understand the best way to approach your child custody case. We can help you understand aspects of child custody, such as the difference between physical and legal custody, and what kind of time-share you should seek with your ex. If possible, we'll work with you to reach a mutually beneficial arrangement with your ex. If that's not possible, we'll fight for your child's best interests in the courtroom.
- Alimony (Spousal Support) – Our lawyers are here for you whether you're requesting spousal support from a soon-to-be-ex or acting as the payor in the alimony arrangement. We'll help you determine what sort of alimony arrangement would be equitable given your circumstances, and pursue it in the courtroom.
- Property Division –During a divorce, many individuals are concerned that their ex will seize certain assets or make off with the lion's share of valuable property. Our attorneys can help you determine the value of your property and what sort of distribution arrangement you can expect from the court. A favorable judgment in a property division case can dictate your financial stability for years to come—you deserve a lawyer who will take your case seriously.
- Enforcement and Modifications of Court Orders – Frequently, circumstances change post-divorce. Whether your ex is shirking their responsibilities or you need a new type of order that more accurately reflects your current conditions, we're here to help. We'll work with you to file for the enforcement or modification of court orders and help you regain control of your case.
- Pre- and Postnuptial Agreements– A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can help you ensure your marriage is fair and equitable to both parties. Whether you want to secure your business or protect your spouse from a risky investment, we'll work with your partner's attorney to develop a mutually beneficial prenup or postnuptial agreement.
- Domestic Violence– If you're suffering from domestic violence, we can help you pursue a restraining order and gain the protection you need. Alternatively, if you're wrongfully accused of abuse, you need an attorney who will help you fight domestic violence charges.
- Criminal Defense– Our attorneys also have experience helping clients navigate a variety of criminal charges, such as Driving Under the Influence (DUI), theft, violent crimes, and white collar crimes. The outcome of your criminal defense case could seriously impact your future, so don't settle for a mediocre attorney. We'll fight aggressively for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
We understand that legal disputes can be incredibly stressful and challenging to handle. Our attorneys have more than eight decades of combined experience helping Orlando residents navigate different types of legal matters, including those listed above.
Filing for Divorce in Orlando, FL
The first step in the divorce process is to fill out the divorce paperwork and file it with the court in Orlando. To do so, you will need to pick up a "dissolution of marriage" packet from the court clerk or purchase the forms on the Florida Courts website. Once you have completed the forms – preferably with the guidance of an Orlando divorce attorney – you must file the forms with the Family Court and pay the fee, at which time they will be reviewed and notarized.
Orlando Family Court Information
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., our team has developed a statewide reputation as fierce advocates for Orlando residents who are navigating divorce.
Our Orlando divorce attorneys are uniquely positioned to handle multiple kinds of divorce cases, including contested divorce, military divorce, high net worth divorce, and uncontested divorce. We understand that every divorce is different, and work to provide all our clients with a case strategy custom-tailored to their specific circumstances.
The divorce process is complex, and often contains other legal matters such as child custody battles and property division disputes. Our Orlando divorce lawyers will be by your side every step of the way, so you never feel lost or alone while we help you work through your divorce.
You deserve a divorce lawyer in Orlando, FL who will handle your case with care and compassion.
Contact us online or via phone at 407-512-0887 to schedule a consultation with our Orlando office today!