Seeking Alimony Benefits?
Retain a Skilled Panama City Divorce Attorney
When you decided to file for divorce, you probably became concerned about your financial ability to support yourself. This is especially true if you made career sacrifices in order to stay at home and take care of your family. With the help of a skilled Panama City divorce lawyer - such as those found at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. - you may be able to obtain the alimony you need.
When deciding on alimony matters, the court will take into consideration a variety of factors, including the marital standard of living, the financial state of the spouse seeking alimony, each spouse's earning capacity, and the duration of the marriage.
Learn more about your rights in an alimony case. Call (800) 822-5170 for your initial consultation.
The Types of Alimony Available
In the state of Florida, the different types of alimony include:
- Temporary alimony - Awarded while the divorce is ongoing; ends once the divorce is finalized.
- Bridge-the-gap alimony - Short-term support to cover needs after the divorce is finalized.
- Rehabilitative alimony - Assistance to obtain training or education for employment purposes.
- Durational alimony - For when other types of alimony cannot meet your needs.
- Permanent alimony - For beneficiaries who do not have the ability to support themselves.
Whether you are seeking to obtain alimony or have been ordered to pay alimony, our team can work to do everything in our power to help you reach the positive goal you have in mind. As one of Northwest Florida's largest family law firms with over 80 years of combined experience, we have handled hundreds of divorce and family law cases, including those involving alimony. With an experienced team of attorneys that includes a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers, we are not afraid to go to court if it will benefit our clients.
Allow Our Firm to Help You Take the First Step
After carefully reviewing the details of your case during an initial evaluation, we can recommend the strongest course of action available to you. We can explain which kind of alimony you may be eligible to receive and begin creating a customized strategy tailored to meet your needs. When we say that our clients are our top priority, we truly mean it. In fact, we make ourselves available to clients 24/7!
- How Alimony Works in Florida
- Reasons to Get a Prenuptial Agreement Now
- What You Need To Know About Florida Alimony Law
For more information about how we can help you with your alimony needs, please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible.