Defending Your Peace of Mind Relocation

Panama City Move-Away Attorneys

Planning On Moving? Hire A Panama City Relocation Lawyer!

Whether you are looking to relocate with your children or fight to ensure they stay near to you, The Virga Law Firm, P.A. is here to assist you with your case. Our Panama City relocation attorneys have handled countless child custody matters, including relocation issues. We know how challenging and overwhelming this time can be, especially with the future of your child and your family on the line. Don't take this legal burden on by yourself! Get the proven guidance you need through this process by reaching out to my firm for a case consultation.

Schedule your case review. Call (800) 822-5170.

Factors The Court Reviews When Granting Relocation

When both parents agree to the move, all they need to do is file a written agreement with the court that provides the noncustodial parent's consent for the move. Usually, a proposed modification of visitation is given at this time as well. However, most relocation cases are not so simple. When you and your ex-spouse or partner don't agree on the move, you will have to take matters to court. In order for the court to approve a relocation, there must be a valid reason that honors the best interests of the child.

Judges will typically look at the following factors:

  • The child's relationship with both parents and other family members
  • The preference of the child, if of appropriate age
  • The roots the child has developed in the community
  • The reason for the move, such as a new job or educational opportunity
  • Educational and health needs of the child and how they will be impacted
  • The reason why the noncustodial parent is objecting the move
  • How the move will impact the time spent with the noncustodial parent

Unless domestic violence has occurred, the court will likely not grant the relocation if it determines that the custodial parent simply wants to move to get away from the noncustodial parent.

Call Today For Trusted Legal Representation

Once a Petition to Relocate has been filed, it must be served to the opposing parent. They have 20 days to contest the suggested relocation. There is little time to waste in your case! Regardless of what side you are on, you will likely face some serious opposition from the other parent. That is why you need to get the legal counsel of a Panama City move-away lawyer on your side.

At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., we always fight to ensure our clients' rights are protected first and foremost. When your time with your child and future is on the line, it is too crucial to leave in the hands of just anyone.

Contact The Virga Law Firm, P.A. today at (800) 822-5170 for zealous representation!

  • “I will definitely be recommending to anyone I know that needs a child custody or divorce attorney!” - A Divorce Client
  • “If you are looking for an attorney who is professional, honest, knowledgeable and responsive to your needs, Gerard Virga meets such requirements.” - A Divorce Client
  • “He responded to my messages promptly and I never felt rushed when speaking with him in meetings and phone conversations.” - A Divorce Client
man and child hugging

Our Firm Gets Results

More Reasons to Hire Us:
  • Committed to Aggressive Representation
  • Same-Day Scheduling Available
  • 6 Locations Throughout Florida
  • Over 100 Years of Collective Experience