Defending Your Peace of Mind
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A. we have built a team of committed legal professionals dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence across Florida. We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge, personalized legal counsel, and aggressive representation. If you are an attorney licensed to practice in Florida, or an experienced legal professional — such as a paralegal, legal assistant, law clerk, or administrative professional — and our legacy and values resonate with you, apply to one of our career openings online.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Virga law Firm, P.A. is a proud equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to ensuring employment opportunity to all qualified legal professionals regardless of race, sex, gender/gender identity, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, and/or any other protected status.
For General Consideration
For general consideration of your interest in employment with The Virga Law Firm, please submit your cover letter and resume to April.firstname.lastname@example.org. Attorney submissions are encouraged to provide a writing sample as well.
Are you an amazing paralegal that feels unappreciated and undercompensated? Then keep reading!
Our family law firm is known for the excellent pay and leave packages we offer our dedicated staff. Through our experience, we have concluded that our staff is what truly makes the difference for our clients as there are no replacements for a winning team. Placing this value on our team means we are committed to making the difference in our team members’ lives. Loyalty, dedication, and care is recognized and awarded at our statewide Florida family law firm. We are looking for the right candidate who shares our values and is seeking to join a winning and supportive team of professionals. If you are accepted for this position, you will quickly learn that our firm motto is: “Caring is Contagious”. We care about our clients, we care about our team, and in return our team cares about our clients and offers unparalleled family law representation to our clients.
- Excellent pay with our seasoned paralegals making an average of $25.00 per hour.
- Our experienced paralegals receive up to 160 hours of paid time off (PTO) per year. We know our staff members need parental, personal, and mental health leave. We care about our staff and their families, and we encourage a proper work life balance.
- We offer our staff paid time off for 11 holidays in addition to their PTO. Holidays are family time and we want our staff to enjoy their families on these special occasions.
- Bereavement Leave: Our firm recognizes that you should honor and mourn the loss of a loved one, without this time deducted from your PTO.
- Maternity and Paternity Leave: A new addition to your family is a joyous time and should be a special time for you and your family without the intrusion of work-related stress. Our firm offers a generous maternity and paternity leave package.
- To recognize cultural and religious diversity, we offer our staff one flex paid holiday of your choice per year.
- A benefits bank through Colonial Life, where you can spend your allotment on the policies that are the most beneficial to you and your family, such as:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Life Insurance: While we hope that no one in our firm ever has to call upon this benefit, our firm offers all of its staff members a generous life insurance policy.
- Paid continuing legal education such as bar dues for Florida Registered Paralegals and admission costs for attending the annual Marital and Family Law Review Course.
- The Virga Law Firm provides their paralegals with a firm issued laptop for use of the firm’s cloud based software.
Why Join Our Winning Team:
Overall, this position gives you the ability to work with our seasoned and knowledgeable attorneys whom will value your input and collaborate to achieve the best results for our clients and their respective families. Simply put, if you are an amazing family law paralegal this is the opportunity that you have been dreaming of and one you can not afford to let pass you by.
We are committed to our legal team. We strive to be the best and therefore, hire only the best. When our staff go above and beyond, they know they are appreciated. We show our appreciation not only through compensation and professional growth, but on a personal level. We do not overlook and take for granted our team members. How can we ask you to care about our clients and business, when we do not show you that we care about you, your goals, and your family? We offer our team members the tools to be successful, not only in the office and professionally, but also in their personal and family lives.
We promote from within the firm. If you join our team and share our values and are committed to the success of the firm, you will share in that success. We recognize dedication, and commitment and know that we have the most talented team. Furthermore, we commit ourselves to training, continuing legal education (CLE’s) and other professional growth assistance programs to make sure that as the firm grows, you can grow with the firm and be promoted. If accepted for this position, we guarantee that you will never work for another law firm that cares more about your wellbeing and the wellbeing of your children and family as our firm does.
Gerard Virga Founding Attorney
David Lohr Executive Director/Attorney
Chad Self Fort Walton Beach Managing Attorney
Tracie Phillips Orlando Managing Attorney
William West Ritchie Panama City Managing Attorney
Taylor Tippel Panama City Beach Managing Attorney
Andrea Ansley Attorney
Christopher Melendez Attorney
April Hand Operations Manager and Florida Registered Paralegal
Danny Durnbaugh Chief Financial Officer
“I will definitely be recommending to anyone I know that needs a child custody or divorce attorney!” - A Divorce Client
“If you are looking for an attorney who is professional, honest, knowledgeable and responsive to your needs, Gerard Virga meets such requirements.” - A Divorce Client
“He responded to my messages promptly and I never felt rushed when speaking with him in meetings and phone conversations.” - A Divorce Client