Defending Your Peace of Mind
High Net-Worth Cases
Supportive Counsel You Can Rely On
Pensacola High Net-Worth Cases
Experienced Divorce Attorneys in Pensacola, FL – 800-822-5170
Our Pensacola high asset divorce attorneys believe that it is of the utmost importance that spouses should have an equitable and fair division of property in their divorce. In divorces that include considerable assets and property, such as businesses, real estate, retirement plans, or other assets, this can be a challenge. Our high net-worth divorce lawyers at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. can help protect your interests.
We have more than 100 years of combined legal experience, so you can trust that we have the knowledge and understanding of the finer details when it comes to your complex divorce case. Don’t risk your rightful share of your marital property—call our skilled Pensacola high net worth divorce attorneys today!
Schedule a consultation to discuss your case with our team. Call 800-822-5170.
What is a High Net-Worth Divorce?
A high net-worth divorce, also known as a high-asset divorce or high-income divorce, is a legal dissolution of marriage involving a married couple with significant financial assets and wealth. In such divorces, the complex and substantial nature of the couple's finances can make the separation more challenging, both legally and emotionally, as compared to divorces involving lower-income couples.
Here are some key characteristics and aspects of high net-worth divorces:
- Substantial Assets: High net-worth divorces typically involve individuals or couples with considerable assets, including real estate, investments, businesses, luxury items, valuable art, and more. These assets can be spread across multiple accounts, properties, and entities.
- Complex Financial Structures: Wealthy couples may have intricate financial structures, such as trusts, offshore accounts, stock options, and more. The division of these assets can be intricate and requires financial expertise.
- High Income: One or both spouses in a high net-worth divorce often have high incomes, which can lead to disputes about spousal support (alimony) and child support.
- Business Ownership: If one or both spouses own businesses, the valuation and division of the business assets can be contentious. There may be concerns about how the business will continue to operate after the divorce.
- Tax Implications: High net-worth individuals may have substantial tax considerations when dividing assets, especially if assets have appreciated significantly in value. It is important to address these matters properly to minimize tax liabilities.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Many high net-worth couples have prenuptial or postnuptial agreements in place, which can impact the divorce process. These agreements outline how assets will be divided in case of divorce.
- Legal and Financial Experts: High net-worth divorces often require the involvement of financial experts, such as forensic accountants and valuation specialists, to assess the value of assets accurately. Legal experts with experience in complex financial matters are also essential.
- Privacy Concerns: Wealthy individuals may be concerned about the public nature of divorce proceedings and may seek ways to maintain privacy through sealed court records or alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation.
- Emotional and Personal Factors: High net-worth divorces can be emotionally challenging, as they often involve significant changes in lifestyle and social status. Personal and family dynamics can further complicate the process.
- Lengthy Legal Proceedings: Due to the complexity of financial matters and potential disputes, high net-worth divorces can be more protracted and costly than divorces involving fewer assets.
Sophisticated Strategies for Asset Protection
Unlike many divorce firms in Florida, our team at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. doesn’t take a set approach to high net-worth divorce cases. Complex cases like these often involve complicates property law and business law restriction, which is why we will develop a personalized litigation strategy for your case.
We deliver conclusive results in high net-worth divorce cases:
- We locate hidden assets and protect your personal property.
- We evaluate bank accounts, retirement plans, stocks, and other investments.
- We personally manage the protection and division of your businesses.
Our team has handled hundreds of complex litigations cases, so you can trust that we have the proven experience to take on your case. Whether your divorce is uncontested or contested, we can prepare you for the unexpected and ensure you receive a fair settlement for your future.
We Protect Your Property
While many aspects can appear similar between regular divorces and high net-worth divorces, one stark difference is the division of property. Florida is an equitable distribution state, so it is paramount that your marital property and personal property are appropriately identified. In complex divorces, even small errors cannot be permitted, since they can lead to significant losses.
We can help you protect your assets, including:
- Marital estates
- Professional practices
- Boats, sporting vehicles, etc.
- Vacation homes
- Investment real estate
- Stocks, bonds, and trusts
- And more
Personalized Financial Support & Custody Agreements
When substantial assets are divided, it can create an opportunity for one spouse to take advantage of the other. As Pensacola high asset divorce lawyers, we are dedicated to helping our clients protect their rightful property and ensure that no spouse is left with an unfair advantage or disadvantage. We will help you obtain fair child support and spousal support orders to protect your future, as well as advocate for your interests in your child’s custody.
When children are involved, we fight to ensure that your right to a fair custody arrangement is never infringed upon, either during negotiations or litigation.
Begin Your Case With An Evaluation – 800-822-5170
Divorces come in all shapes and sizes, but high net-worth divorces require specialized knowledge and attention. No matter what types of assets are involved, if you are facing divorce with a considerable amount of property, your interest should be protected. At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., we provide customized solutions to protect you before, during, and after your divorce.
Here are some advantages of working with us:
- Expertise in High-Net-Worth Cases: We specialize in high-asset and high-income divorce cases. Our attorneys have the experience and expertise to handle complex financial matters, ensuring that your assets are protected and divided equitably.
- Asset Valuation: We work with financial experts to accurately assess the value of your assets, including real estate, investments, businesses, and more. This is crucial for a fair division of property during the divorce.
- Legal Strategy: Our team will develop a customized legal strategy tailored to your specific circumstances. We understand that no two high net-worth divorces are alike, and we'll work to protect your interests effectively.
- Tax Considerations: We are well-versed in the tax implications of high-asset divorces. We can help you make decisions that minimize tax liabilities and ensure that your financial future is secure.
- Protection of Business Interests: If you or your spouse own a business, we have the expertise to address the complexities of business ownership during divorce, including business valuation, asset division, and ongoing operational concerns.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: If you have a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement in place, we will ensure that it is enforced properly. If necessary, we can challenge the validity of these agreements when they are unfair or improperly executed.
- Negotiation and Litigation: We have the skills to negotiate on your behalf and, if necessary, litigate in court to protect your interests. Our goal is to achieve a favorable outcome for you while minimizing emotional stress.
- Privacy Protection: We understand the importance of privacy for high net-worth individuals. We can explore options such as sealed court records and alternative dispute resolution methods to maintain confidentiality.
- Legal Support and Guidance: Throughout the divorce process, we will provide you with guidance and support, answering your questions, and ensuring you understand your rights and options.
- Efficiency and Timeliness: While we work diligently to protect your interests, we also aim for efficient resolution to minimize the duration and costs associated with your divorce.
Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements may not fully protect you in a divorce. Discuss your case today by calling 800-822-5170 to schedule an initial consultation with our Pensacola high net-worth divorce lawyers.
Gerard Virga Founding Attorney
David Lohr Executive Director/Attorney
Chad Self Fort Walton Beach Managing Attorney
Tracie Phillips Orlando Managing Attorney
William West Ritchie Panama City Managing Attorney
Taylor Tippel Panama City Beach Managing Attorney
Andrea Ansley Attorney
Christopher Melendez Attorney
April Hand Operations Manager and Florida Registered Paralegal
Danny Durnbaugh Chief Financial Officer
“I will definitely be recommending to anyone I know that needs a child custody or divorce attorney!” - A Divorce Client
“If you are looking for an attorney who is professional, honest, knowledgeable and responsive to your needs, Gerard Virga meets such requirements.” - A Divorce Client
“He responded to my messages promptly and I never felt rushed when speaking with him in meetings and phone conversations.” - A Divorce Client
Committed to Aggressive Representation
Same-Day Scheduling Available
6 Locations Throughout Florida
Over 100 Years of Collective Experience