As a trusted law firm, we are deeply aware of what is on the line for our clients in their family law matter or divorce. With more than 100 years of combined legal insight to pour into each case, our Panama City child custody attorneys are committed to helping our clients strengthen their bond with their children. Our team at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. are prepared to passionately assert your rights.
We draw from our experiences as parents and from our love for our children in every child custody case we handle. Turn to our child custody attorneys in Panama City for the legal advocacy you need.
What separates The Virga Law Firm, P.A. from the rest?
- Inclusion in the prestigious The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Hundreds of families represented with proven results
- Over 100 Years of combined legal experience, including litigation experience
As unsettling as it can be to face a complicated legal system, our firm has the proven and trusted ability to help you navigate Florida law with you and your family's rights intact. When you hire our firm, you can gain a whole team of skilled representatives on your side. Do not hesitate to start reviewing the legal possibilities in your child custody case. We are available 24/7 to provide counsel and legal support to our clients.
Schedule your consultation today! Call us at (800) 822-5170.
Determining The Child's Best Interests
As in every state across the country, Florida law says that the deciding factor in a child custody arrangement is the best interest of the child. Ideally, you and the other parent can create your own parenting plan in mediation or a mutually agreed-upon settlement.
As an example, with the guidance of your attorneys, you can set up a legally sound plan that details: who handles which parental tasks, whose address is used in the child's school registration, how you will communicate with your child, etc. However, if you cannot agree on the essential terms of the parenting plan, a court may have to determine the child custody arrangement.
When deciding child custody, Florida courts will consider:
- The child's health and safety (Is there a history of abuse or neglect?)
- The child's educational and emotional needs (How involved has each parent been in the child's daily life, school activities, etc.? What is the child's custody preference?)
- Your ability to co-parent (How well can you and the other parent communicate to one another about your children? Does one parent badmouth the other in front of the kids?)
- Each parent's character (Did adultery break up the marriage? Is there a history of alcohol or drug abuse? In other words, can a parent's lifestyle harm the child?)
Even though a family court judge will seek to ensure your child's best interests, a court has precious little time to truly understand your child's needs. This is why it is crucial to work with a custody law firm that will take the time to get to know you and your family, thus presenting to the court an accurate, compelling case to safeguard your rights to custody of your child or children.
Whether you are facing a court-decided custody process or are pursuing an uncontested child custody arrangement, do not hesitate to call our firm. We offer 24/7 availability to our clients because we know what is at risk in your custody case. Set up your initial review to see how a dedication to personalized service can help you.
A Proven Approach To Securing Positive Results
Our goal is to be defined by one-on-one service with our clients, excelling through a team approach.
- A personalized approach: If you want the court to view you as more than a case number, your attorney will have to do so first. Every client has access to us at all times and we make it a point to get to know each client as an individual. We also prioritize becoming well-acquainted with their unique family situation. Not only does this personal involvement fuel our advocacy, but it provides us with the information to craft a vigorous defense of your rights.
- A team approach: At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., not only does our firm offer over 100 years of combined legal experience, but we often utilize the collective skill of specialists to bolster a client's legal case.
Call (800) 822-5170 For Dedicated Legal Support
Looking for compassionate and insightful advocacy? Look no further than The Virga Law Firm, P.A. No matter how complicated your child custody case may be, our firm has the knowledge, the zeal, and the legal resources you deserve on your side. We understand how vital your relationship with your child is, and we are ready to tirelessly represent you to ensure your child's well-being and your rights are protected.
Do not hesitate to assert your parental rights - set up your initial consultation! Find a Panama City child custody lawyer who is available for you 24/7.