Supportive Counsel You Can Rely On

Modifications for Court Orders

Experienced Florida Family Law Attorneys – (800) 822-5170

As families, we often go through many changes in our lives. Relationships may change, and so may court orders. Modifications allow you to request changes to a family law court order. If you’re seeking to make changes to your court order, call The Virga Law Firm, P.A. Our family law attorneys are backed by more than 80 years of combined experience, and we offer trusted legal counsel and representation for our clients throughout Florida. We handle a wide arrange of family law matters, including modifications.

Our highly experienced team is well-equipped to assist with your modification needs. It can be a complex process, but you don’t need to go through this stressful time on your own. Our skilled legal counsel is merely a phone call away.

Would you like to learn how we can help you? Schedule a consultation with our legal team to discuss your modification goals. Contact our team at (800) 822-5170.

Making Modifications to Your Agreement

Life can throw challenges our way, which can lead to significant life changes. Whether you have lost your job, moved for work, suffered a serious injury, or your ex-spouse has remarried, these changes often can be the grounds for a modification of your divorce, separation, child custody, or other family law agreements.

We can assist with the modification of:

It is common that your judge will want to see evidence of the major life change that has caused you to seek a modification. It is critical to work with an attorney that knows your situation and understands what is needed to tell your side of the story. When you work with our team, we will carefully evaluate your family’s situation and uncover the compelling issues and facts that should be considered.

No matter what situation you’re facing, from remarriage to job loss, we strive to present the evidence that is needed to support your request for a modification. We also provide comprehensive legal counsel when filing your initial position for modifying your court order.

Modifications Involving Children

It’s worth remembering that the court will only grant modifications regarding your children, so long as it is found to be in the best interest of the children. This includes child support, child custody, and visitation. If relocation is involved in your modification, the court will need to evaluate the negative impact that the modification may have on the child and their relationship with the non-custodial parent. When filing your petition, it’s important the weigh how you feel this modification may affect your child.

If you need to pursue a modification of your court order, let The Virga Law Firm, P.A. help you navigate the process. Contact our legal team today to begin your case with a consultation.

What Our Clients Say

  • “It was a blessing for me to have Gerard on my side during the divorce!”

    Visi, A Divorce Client

  • “Gerard is a brilliant attorney and he's the one you want on your side! ”

    Rusty Shepard, Criminal Defense Attorney

  • “Mr. Virga not only accepted me as a client, but he took my case to heart.”

    A Litigation Client

  • “Gerard is smarter than 95% of people I know, including lawyers. ”

    Adam Ellis, Litigation Lawyer

  • “Mr. Virga treated me with professionalism and fought my case well!”

    A Divorce Client

  • “The clients I refer to Mr. Virga are always satisfied with and complimentary of his services.”

    Joseph Turner, Criminal Defense Attorney

  • Top 10 Family Law Law Firm
  • Attorney Top 40 Under 40
  • Best of Bay
  • The National Advocates
  • Super Lawyers Rising Star
  • Lawyers of Distinction 2018
  • The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Trial Lawyers
  • Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb
  • The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Lawyers
  • 10 Best by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 2016