Defending Your Peace of Mind
Supportive Counsel You Can Rely On
Child Support Attorneys in Navarre, FL
Comprehensive Legal Counsel for Navarre Child Support cases
When a child’s parents get a divorce, they still have a legal duty to provide their child with proper financial support. Child support obligations can impact your life and future financial interests for years. As a result, those facing legal action regarding child support should retain an experienced Navarre child support attorney for legal representation.
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., our Navarre child support attorneys focus their practice on Florida family law cases, including child support matters. You and your children can count on the dedication and professionalism of our legal team to help you through the challenging experience of resolving child support issues in Navarre, FL.
Learn how our Navarre child support lawyers can help. Contact us online or call 800-822-5170 today!
The Duty to Pay Child Support
In general, all parents have a legal obligation to provide their children with adequate financial support to cover necessities such as food, shelter, clothing, education, and health care. This legal duty arises from the parent-child relationship. Therefore, the marital status of a child’s parents is not dispositive for determining a parent’s responsibility to pay child support. Instead, this duty persists regardless of whether the child’s parents are married, divorced, or unmarried and separated.
However, when parents live together, they typically fulfill this parental duty on a daily basis through ordinary parenting. That is why issues of child support seem to only come up in divorce cases and similar family law proceedings.
Under Florida law, a court must determine child support matters in accordance with specific statutory guidelines. Those guidelines relate to Florida’s public policy concerning child support obligations:
- Parents have a fundamental legal duty to support their legally dependent children
- Florida’s statutory guideline schedule reflects an estimate of how parents would allocate their combined income to provide for their child if they still lived together
- The guidelines encourage private settlement of child support matters to minimize court intervention and adversarial litigation
Navarre Child Support Cases
Florida’s child support guidelines provide courts with a standard method for calculating the amount of child support a parent owes, based on each parent’s monthly net income and the needs of the child.
In determining a parent’s monthly net income, courts will consider the following factors:
- Income from the parent’s employment, including bonuses, commissions, and tips
- Income from the parent’s business profits, calculated by subtracting ordinary and necessary business expenses from the company’s gross receipts
- Employment benefits, including disability, workers compensation, pension, and retirement benefits
- Government benefits, such as social security
- Spousal support payments from a prior marriage
- Investment income
- Income derived from property, including rents, royalties, trusts, and estates
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., our experienced Navarre child support lawyers can appreciate the gravity of the consequences that arise from child support proceedings.
Given the financial stakes involved, we are prepared to diligently advocate for your legal interests and rights concerning the following child support issues:
- Provisions of marital agreements concerning child support
- Calculating income used for child support
- Imputing income for child support purposes
- Enforcement of child support
- Adjustments to child support award based on equitable factors
Consult a Navarre Child Support Lawyer – 800-822-5170
When it comes to legal matters with the potential to substantially impact your and your family’s future, the importance of having a skilled legal representative to champion your cause cannot be overemphasized. If you are concerned about your legal rights in light of impending child support proceedings, you can count on The Virga Law Firm, P.A. for competent legal services. Backed by more than eight decades of collective legal experience, our child support lawyers in Navarre, FL can give you assurance that you and your family’s interests are in professional hands.
Call The Virga Law Firm, P.A. at 800-822-5170 or complete our online request form to arrange for an initial consultation!
Gerard Virga Founding Attorney
David Lohr Executive Director/Attorney
Chad Self Panama City Beach Managing Attorney
William West Ritchie Panama City Managing Attorney
Jill Warren Pensacola Managing Attorney
Andrea Ansley Fort Walton Beach Managing Attorney
Taylor Tippel Orlando Managing Attorney
Christopher Melendez Attorney
John Stokes Attorney
Matt Hutt Attorney
Tracie Phillips Attorney
April Hand Operations Manager and Florida Registered Paralegal
Danny Durnbaugh Chief Financial Officer
“I will definitely be recommending to anyone I know that needs a child custody or divorce attorney!” - A Divorce Client
“If you are looking for an attorney who is professional, honest, knowledgeable and responsive to your needs, Gerard Virga meets such requirements.” - A Divorce Client
“He responded to my messages promptly and I never felt rushed when speaking with him in meetings and phone conversations.” - A Divorce Client
Our Firm Gets Results
More Reasons to Hire Us:
Committed to Aggressive Representation
Same-Day Scheduling Available
8 Locations Throughout Florida
Over 100 Years of Collective Experience