When you work with The Virga Law Firm, P.A., you will receive the compassionate legal support and well-versed counsel you need to effectively get through your divorce.
An aerial drone view of The Virga Law Firm zooms into candid footage of the attorneys and staff outside and inside the law firm.
Family Law Services in Tallahassee
Our team of Tallahassee family law attorneys holds first-hand experience from working with clients all throughout the State of Florida. With over 80 years of combined legal knowledge, we use a methodical determined approach in helping clients met their litigation goals. Our legal history has helped us develop an accomplished proficiency within the field of family law.
We understand that during this overwhelming time, you likely have questions and concerns regarding your situation. Our divorce lawyers in Tallahassee will provide the sound legal counsel you are seeking, and the information you need to understand your options and make well-informed decisions.
Our Practice Areas
At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., we litigate a variety of legal disputes for Tallahassee residents. Our practice areas include:
- Divorce. The divorce process looks unique for everyone. If you're engaged in an uncontested divorce where both parties agree on how to dissolve the marriage, the divorce process may be relatively simple. On the other hand, in contested divorces where parties disagree on how to execute the divorce, the process can take years. If you have concerns your divorce may impact a particular asset, such as a trust, we can also help you address that issue. You need a lawyer you can trust at your side as you start to process your divorce, and our team here at The Virga Law Firm, P.A., is here to help.
- Mediation. Not everyone wants their marriage to end in an arduous court battle. If you want to negotiate a divorce arrangement with your soon-to-be-ex that's beneficial to both parties, mediation can help you achieve that goal. Our attorneys can work with you and your ex (or their legal counsel) to develop a divorce plan both parties find suitable.
- Child custody. As a parent, you want the best for your child. Child custody battles can be incredibly stressful for parents. We'll work with you to lift the burden of your custody battle from your shoulders so you can focus on what's important: taking care of your child.
- Child support. Whether you're requesting child support or paying it, our attorneys are happy to help you pursue your child's best interest. We can help you determine what kind of child support arrangement is fair and equitable given your circumstances and will fight vigorously for your parental rights in court.
- Equitable distribution. Ensuring you secure a genuinely fair and equitable property division judgment in your divorce case can mean the difference between financial stability and economic uncertainty. Our lawyers can help you value your assets and learn more about what to expect from the property division process, so you're prepared for the outcome.
- Alimony(spousal support). Whether you're receiving or paying for alimony, our lawyers can help you pursue a spousal support arrangement that's fair for you.
- Court order enforcementand modification. Post-divorce, your life may change drastically. For example, you may no longer need spousal support from your ex. Alternatively, you might fall on hard times and need increased child support. Whatever the case, we can help you file a court order that reflects your current circumstances more accurately. If your ex refuses to comply with the terms of a court order, we can also help you pursue enforcement.
- Preand postnuptial agreements. A pre or postnuptial agreement can help you ensure that your marriage is fair and equitable for both parties. We'll work with your spouse's legal counsel to develop a thorough prenup or postnup that both parties find satisfactory.
- Domestic violence. We work with victims of domestic violence to help them file restraining orders and receive the protection they need. Our attorneys are here to help if you need a protective order or want to combat a false abuse allegation.
- Father's rightsand paternity. Many fathers feel the justice system mistreats them. We'll fight for your rights as a father in the courtroom, so you can rest assured knowing your best interests are being pursued in court.
Divorce is one of the most complicated legal processes, often involving other matters such as child custody and support, property division, and alimony. At The Virga Law Firm, P.A., our Tallahassee divorce attorneys have all the tools to help you tackle your divorce with confidence.
Our firm is uniquely positioned to help clients move forwards with types of divorce that other lawyers might struggle to handle, including military divorce and high asset divorce. We understand that no two divorce cases are the same, and work with all our clients to develop a comprehensive case strategy designed around their specific needs and interests.
Nobody enters a marriage expecting to divorce. For many people, it is emotionally overwhelming, and the complex legality of divorce makes it difficult to navigate, even in an uncontested divorce where both parties agree on how to dissolve the marriage. Our Tallahassee divorce lawyers are here to take the burden off your shoulders, so you can focus on maintaining your wellbeing during this challenging time.
Whether you want to aggressively pursue your interests in the courtroom or settle out of court via mediation, our team is here to help. We have over eight decades of combined experience helping Tallahassee residents work through the divorce process.