Seeking Alimony Benefits?
Retain a Skilled Panama City Divorce Attorney
When you decided to file for divorce, you probably became concerned about your financial ability to support yourself. This is especially true if you made career sacrifices in order to stay at home and take care of your family. With the help of a skilled Panama City divorce lawyer - such as those found at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. - you may be able to obtain the alimony you need. When deciding on alimony matters, the court will take into consideration a variety of factors, including the marital standard of living, the financial state of the spouse seeking alimony, each spouse's earning capacity, and the duration of the marriage.
Learn more about your rights in an alimony case. Call (850) 257-7086 for your free initial consultation.
The Types of Alimony Available
In the state of Florida, the different types of alimony include:
- Bridge-the-gap alimony - Short-term support to cover needs after the divorce is finalized.
- Rehabilitative alimony - Assistance to obtain training or education for employment purposes.
- Temporary alimony - Awarded while the divorce is ongoing; ends once the divorce is finalized.
- Durational alimony - For when other types of alimony cannot meet your needs.
- Permanent alimony - For beneficiaries who do not have the ability to support themselves.