- Family Law
- Healthcare Law
- Construction Law
- General Contract Litigation
- Florida Bar
- The United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Eckerd College
- George Washington University
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Judicial Clerkship for the Family Law Court in Birmingham, Alabama
- Law Clerk for the United States Claims Court
- Appointee to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 14th Judicial Circuit
- Assistant Public Defender in the 14th Judicial Circuit
Lee McArthur Scott is an attorney at The Virga Law Firm. Attorney Scott specializes in Family Law, Healthcare Law, Construction Law, and General Contract Litigation.
A graduate of Bay High School and Eckerd College, attorney Scott attended Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. During that time, she completed a Judicial Clerkship for the Family Law Court in Birmingham, Alabama as well as completed several Legal Clerkships in Commercial Litigation and Tax Litigation.
After graduating in 1990, she was admitted to practice law in the State of Florida. Subsequently, she moved to Washington D.C. where she completed the coursework for a Master of Law and Letters (LLM) in Government Contracts at George Washington University. While in attendance, she clerked for the United States Claims Court working on Section 1983 litigation.
Post academics, she returned to her home town of Panama City and opened a private practice where she handled divorces, modifications, managed care review, risk management assessment, credentialing, nonpayment issues, and general contract construction issues.
In 1994, Ms. Scott opened a local medical billing/consulting firm, HealthFile, Inc. She continued to provide managed care contract review and negotiation services to her clients as well as risk management assessment, fee analysis, coding analysis, accounts receivable and payable management, credentialing and insurance appeals.
She has previously held positions as a Certified Florida Family Law Mediator, an appointee to the Judicial Nominating Commission for the 14th Judicial Circuit by the Governor of the State of Florida, and an Assistant Public Defender in the 14th Judicial Circuit.
In addition to her admission to the Florida Bar, Ms. Scott is admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida and the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida.