Modifications Supportive Counsel You Can Rely On

Modification Attorneys in Destin

Modify Child Custody & Support Orders

Before a couple can finalize their divorce, they need to first negotiate a comprehensive divorce settlement agreement that reflects their decisions regarding asset division, child custody, child support, alimony, and more. However, it’s impossible to predict the countless life changes you’re going to experience as the years go by. A determination or concession from 10 years ago may not apply to your current lifestyle. Fortunately, Florida law allows individuals to request modifications to family law court orders.

If your personal circumstances necessitate a modification, contact the Destin modification attorneys at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. We utilize our 80 years of collective legal experience to provide compassionate guidance and exceptional legal services to the residents of Florida. This can be a complicated legal process, but our team has the skills and resources to guide you through each step of this life-changing journey.

Are you ready to discuss your case with an experienced legal representative? Contact our Destin modification lawyers at (800) 822-5170.

Modifying Your Divorce Settlement Agreement

As you go through life, you may encounter challenges that compel you to request a modification from the court. After all, it can be difficult to obey certain court orders if you lose your job, move for work, or find yourself burdened with sudden medical debts. When you experience significant life changes and financial hardships, you may have the grounds to modify certain family law agreements.

You can legally request modifications for the following court orders:

You can also request modifications to unique orders or determinations that are specific to your divorce settlement agreement. However, the court will only grant a modification if you can provide evidence that you are suffering a lasting change in your personal or financial situation.

Sometimes, people wait too long to request a modification because they believe their change in circumstances is only temporary. If you wait too long, the court may not be able to effectively alter the court order. For example, if you’re dismissed from your job, you can’t be expected to afford your alimony payments each month. In this scenario, the court may agree to modify or terminate the original court order. Though, if you get a new job and then pursue a modification, the court may not be able to comply with your request.

At The Virga Law Firm, P.A, we can listen to your story and develop a persuasive litigation strategy that proves to the court that your circumstances warrant a modification. Whether you’re facing job loss, remarriage, or even a medical issue, we can procure and present evidence that supports your request.

Modifications Involving Your Children

The court needs to consider many important factors before agreeing to modify a court order. In fact, the court is diligent about not awarding modifications if they have the potential to negatively impact your child’s general well-being and environmental stability. For this reason, it’s important to discuss your case with an attorney before filing your petition. Also, if you’re requesting the modification because you plan to relocate, the court needs to evaluate if the distance will harm your child’s relationship with their other parent.

Discuss Your Circumstances with an Experienced Legal Representative

If you’re interested in pursuing a modification, contact the Destin modification lawyers at The Virga Law Firm, P.A. Our experienced legal team can evaluate your personal and financial circumstances and thoroughly explain your legal options. With our guidance, you can achieve the modification you need to secure your standard of living.

We provide 24/7 legal services. Contact The Virga Law Firm, P.A. at (800) 822-5170 to schedule a consultation.

  • Best Divorce Lawyer In Orlando
  • Top 10 Family Law Law Firm
  • Attorney Top 40 Under 40
  • Best of Bay
  • The National Advocates
  • Super Lawyers Rising Star
  • Lawyers of Distinction 2018
  • The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Trial Lawyers
  • Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb
  • The National Trial Lawyers | Top 100 Lawyers
  • 10 Best by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 2016
  • “I will definitely be recommending to anyone I know that needs a child custody or divorce attorney!”

    - A Divorce Client
  • “If you are looking for an attorney who is professional, honest, knowledgeable and responsive to your needs, Gerard Virga meets such requirements.”

    - A Divorce Client
  • “He responded to my messages promptly and I never felt rushed when speaking with him in meetings and phone conversations.”

    - A Divorce Client
  • “He answered in a way that helped me understand the law better.”

    - A Divorce Client
  • “Gerard is smarter than 95% of people I know, including lawyers. His intelligence combined with his work ethic make him an extremely effective advocate. Gerard is the kind of evil genius I'd want on my ...”

    - Adam Ellis, Litigation Lawyer
  • “Truly he is one of the smartest people I have met. I have found Gerard very knowledgeable on law and legal procedure, and am extremely impressed by his ability to devise and execute an aggressive ...”

    - Rusty Shepard, Criminal Defense Attorney
  • “This lawyer treated me with professionalism, and fought for my case. His staff was excellent and Mr. Virga had an excellent understanding of the law. Mr. Virga also was a very real person, and not ...”

    - A Divorce Client
  • “I regularly refer family law and civil litigation cases to Mr. Virga because of his skill and knowledge of those areas of law. The clients I refer to Mr. Virga are always satisfied with and ...”

    - Joseph Turner, Criminal Defense Attorney
  • “Mr. Virga represented me in a litigation matter. Mr. Virga not only accepted me as a client, but he took my case to heart. Mr. Virga developed and executed a masterful legal strategy that pummeled my ...”

    - A Litigation Client

Contact Our Firm

We're Here To Help You And Your Family In Any Way Possible
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.